About Teacher Stern
Established in 1967, Teacher Stern is a full service commercial law firm based in Holborn, London. With 31 partners and a total of 75 fee earners, we provide our clients with a complete range of commercial legal services whilst maintaining the flexibility, responsiveness and personal service that our clients have come to expect from, and value in, us.
We are ranked in the Legal 500 as one of the leading law firms in the UK across a number of our specialist practice areas. In addition, a number of our partners are ranked in Chambers and Partners and other major UK legal directories.
We have an acknowledged expertise in undertaking large real estate and corporate transactions, as well as complex litigation and capital markets work. We have also developed particular specialisms in a number of sectors including Real Estate, Hospitality & Leisure, Retail, Technology & Media, Betting & Gaming, Sport and Transport.
Our clients range from UK and international corporates, to entrepreneurial companies of all sizes, to high profile individuals from the world of sport, film and music. They come to us because they know we’ll approach their problem from a commercial perspective, get quickly to the heart of the issue, and move fast to secure the results they’re looking for.
For more information regarding Teacher Stern, please contact:
David SalisburyPartner Corporate and Commercial
As head of the firm’s corporate and commercial practice, David’s broad transactional experience includes acquisitions, disposals, take-overs and mergers, asset sales/purchases, joint ventures and company restructuring. He also advises clients on a range of corporate and commercial matters, including company/partnership formation, partnership/shareholders agreements and employment issues.
David has particular experience in the field of sport, acting amongst others for prospective purchasers of Premiership and Football League clubs in takeovers. He is also at the forefront of the development in England of the investment in and transfer of the economic rights of sportsmen and women.
For property investor clients, he has particular expertise in the disposal and acquisition of corporate and similar structures which assist in mitigating stamp duty land tax.
David has experience:
- Acting for investors in the economic rights of football players playing in the Premier League and the top divisions in other European Countries as well as in South America. Over the years, David has been involved in providing advice connected with the transfers, economic rights participation and/or playing rights of various Premier League and foreign based players including Carlos Tevez, Javier Mascherano, Jo, Gonzalo Higuain, Luis Fabiano and Heurelho Gomes to name but a few. More recently David has provided advice in relation to the following players: Paulhino (Tottenham) Willian (Chelsea), Oscar (Chelsea) and Carlos Tevez (Juventus).
- Advising on a £430 million acquisition of a mixture of offshore and onshore companies owning 180 petrol stations and advising on the sale thereof three years later.
- Acting on a series joint ventures for a leading UK celebrity magazine and newspaper publisher with a combined value in excess of £280m.
- Acting for the prospective purchasers in their takeover of a Premier League Football Club.
- Advising on the £166 million sale of a group of companies with an industrial portfolio.
- Acting on the acquisition and financing of 545 public houses, worth £163 million.
- Advising on the £25 million sale to a UK plc of a leading UK independent internet service provider.
- Advising the founders and owners of a high end chain of London coffee shops on the sale, earn out and rollover of the owners’ differing interests in the business to a well known industry leading private equity firm.
- Advising the owners of a mining public relations agency on the sale of the worldwide operations to a UK quoted company.
Partner, Teacher Stern
37-41 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JH United Kingdom