Diversity and Equality Policy
The purpose of this policy is to promote and establish diversity and equality to everyone employed or engaged by the firm, irrespective of their gender, gender reassignment, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, nationality, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status and social class. Teacher Stern opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination and actively values diversity. We strive to create a supportive environment to enable all employees to perform to their potential, by appreciating different backgrounds and perspectives.
All staff, whether part time, full time or temporary are treated fairly and equally. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit is on the basis of aptitude and ability.
We know that the collection of our varied personal perspectives and life experiences makes our firm better able to identify with and serve the needs of our diverse clients. All staff are encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of our staff are fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the firm.
- Everyone employed or engaged by the firm is entitled to a working environment which promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment is tolerated.
- The commitment to diversity and equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- Breaches of our diversity and equality policy are regarded as misconduct and can lead to disciplinary proceedings.
- This policy is fully supported by the management of the firm.
- The policy is monitored and reviewed regularly.