Sarah MelbourneConsultant Construction
Sarah specialises in non-contentious construction law and has vast experience of drafting, negotiating and reporting on all construction related documents/provisions, including: building contracts; bespoke agreements; collateral warranties; third party rights; professional appointments; bonds and guarantees; finance agreements, development agreements and agreements for lease.
Sarah has experience of advising major developers, private investors, home owners, contractors, landlords, tenants, purchasers and public sector bodies. Sarah has also acted for government agencies, advising in connection with the management and delivery of major PFI contracts
Sarah has experience of working in the insurance and property industries and also frequently assists the Real Estate Finance team and the Real Estate department with the construction elements of their respective transactions, providing support in terms of due diligence and negotiating and drafting appropriate construction provisions.
Sarah’s construction work encompasses many sectors including but not limited to the following: Restaurants & Cafes, Hotels, Leisure & Retail, Healthcare, Real Estate, Shopping Centres, Student Accommodation and Care Homes
- Advised on the design and construction of a mixed use development in Soho, London, including day to day advice on all construction matters, negotiating and completing the building contract, the professional appointments, the Bond and all warranties.
- Advised on the design and construction of a major retail centre (and cinema) and prepared all the relevant construction documents.
- Advised an individual investor on the design and construction of a care home and prepared all the relevant construction documents.
- Advised a developer in connection with a £25 million pound loan facility for the design and construction of a central London mixed use development.
- Advised an individual on the construction matters relating to the complete refurbishment of a house in Eton Square, London and prepared all relevant construction documents.
Solicitor, Teacher Stern
Solicitor, DAC Beachcroft
Associate, Denton Wilde Sapte
37-41 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JH United Kingdom