Chris has expertise of dealing with a broad range of commercial disputes spanning multi-million pound professional negligence claims to complex breach of contract and fraudulent mis-representation claims. Chris has excellent experience in alternative dispute resolution techniques (ADR) including adjudication, arbitration and mediation which he regularly implements to achieve commercially successful and cost effective outcomes for clients.
Chris also has expertise in financial mis-selling claims, which involves him regularly advising on the enforceability of complex interest rate swap agreements, actions against independent financial advisers and the enforceability of shared appreciation mortgages.
Chris has particularly strong expertise in construction litigation successfully representing high net worth individuals, as well as contractors and sub-contractors on a broad range of construction disputes. Chris is a member of the Society of Construction Law.
- Advising a UK bank in relation to multi-million pound professional negligence claims against surveyors who overvalued securitised properties.
- Advising a sub-contractor on a multi-million pound loss of profit claim against a well-known national construction company.
- Advised a high net worth individual in relation to a significant claim for damages against a contractor for defective works, overvaluation of work and liquidated damages.
- Advised numerous clients in relation to the enforceability of Shared Appreciation Mortgages.
- Advised a major Ukranian telecommunications company on a multi-million pound breach of contract claim against a major international phone operator.
Solicitor, Teacher Stern.
LLB Kings College London (Hons)