Jon qualified as a solicitor in 2013 and joined Teacher Stern in September 2016 as a member of the firm’s Corporate and Commercial team.
Jon’s practice is particularly diverse in that it is both transactional and advisory across a number of industry sectors. Jon does however have particular experience in working closely with start-ups and growth stage companies and individual investors in the technology and media sector.
Jon’s commercial and IP work encompasses all aspects of commercial contracts, IT and e-commerce and ranges from the preparation of standard terms and conditions to the drafting and negotiation of detailed software development and licencing agreements.
Jon’s corporate work ranges from general corporate and company law advice (including LLPs and partnerships) to private company mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings, private equity and venture capital.
- Advising on the development, protection and exploitation of intellectual property rights; including the registration of UK and European Union trade marks.
- Advising technology providers and licensees on agreements ancillary to technology, including development agreements, non-disclosure agreements, evaluation agreements, maintenance and support arrangements, service level agreements and hosting.
- Advised a Dubai based investor on the acquisition of a children’s services business and its concession arrangements with several well-known high street retailers.
- Advised a food and drinks manufacturer on the licencing of various energy and health food products and recipes.
- Advised a Local Authority on the proposed acquisition of a significant landmark and related funding strategies.
- Advised a specialist education provider on its conversion to a charity.
- Advised the founders of an online retail platform on seed investment by a venture capital fund.
- Advised a computer hardware manufacturer on software licencing in respect of a proof of concept with telecoms providers in Brunei and Asia.
- Advised a medical application provider in respect of end user terms for its range of Apple and Android applications.
- Advised a national vehicle hire company on its hire conditions and general commercial activities.
Solicitor, Teacher Stern LLP
Solicitor, Warners Solicitors
Trainee Solicitor, Warners Solicitors