Lee DonoghueSenior Associate Dispute Resolution
Lee qualified as a solicitor in 2006 and joined the dispute resolution team at Teacher Stern in 2013, as part of the merger with Butcher Burns LLP.
He has experience of a diverse range of contentious matters, with particular focus on commercial and insolvency disputes.
Lee offers a wide range of advice to insolvency practitioners, company directors, creditors and debtors and has experience at every level from the Supreme Court to the County Court and Magistrates Courts. He also regularly assists clients engaging in forms of alternative dispute resolution such as mediation.
- Advised liquidators of a hotel chain in relation to claims to recover losses in excess of £1m arising from fraudulent restructuring prior to liquidation.
- Advised trustees in bankruptcy in relation to antecedent transaction claims intended to put assets beyond the reach of a majority creditor owed in excess of 1m USD.
- Advised a director of an electronics importer in relation to a petition by the Secretary of State seeking a winding-up order on public interest grounds due to suspicions of missing trader intra-community fraud.
- Advised directors of a property development company and successfully opposed a claim valued in excess of £1m for breach of confidentiality and fiduciary duties, including successful opposition of an appeal in the Court of Appeal.
- Advised directors of a publishing company in relation to re-use of a company name after liquidation, as well as proceedings instigated by the Secretary of State pursuant to the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986.
- Advised a shareholder/director of a reprographics company in relation to claims of unfair prejudice and breach of fiduciary duty by a fellow shareholder/director.
- Advised a private investor in relation to loss of her investments due to negligent advice provided by a regulated investment advisor.
Solicitor, Teacher Stern
Solicitor, Butcher Burns
37-41 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JH United Kingdom