Martine acts and advises in relation to all aspects of corporate and commercial work. She heads our Technology and Communications Group and is also a certified data protection practitioner.
Martine is ranked as an expert in the Legal 500 and praised as being “acutely commercial”.
Martine specialises in non-contentious information technology / intellectual property work with an emphasis on e-commerce (especially online gaming), emerging technologies, payment and media/data platforms. Martine has provided legal advice (both as commercial counsel and on transactional work) to very many entities within the on-line gaming services sector. A number of these clients engage Teacher Stern on a ‘retained’ basis and as such we undertake their complex commercial negotiations, acting as their “in-house” counsel.
Martine also provides data protection advice, acts on the sale and purchase of private companies, structures shareholder arrangements, joint ventures, advises on software contracts, and related services, outsourcing, shared service arrangements, data services, reorganisations and all complex commercial negotiations.
Further examples of work for Teacher Stern includes:
· acting for the founders and management on the sale of the Genius Sports Group (a global leader in sports data technology) to funds advised by Apax Partners (private equity);
· advising Brambles plc (Australian listed entity) on its acquisition of Airworld Containers Limited;
· leading (for a fully listed plc) its European legal team on its acquisition of a group of pan European companies;
· advising a sports data entity on the sale of its Asian operations;
· buying and selling telecom channel and energy resale partners and structuring resell business models;
· negotiating the transfer of a media delivery platform and business asset purchase;
· acting for Recall Limited on its acquisition of C21 Data Management Services (Scotland);
· acting for a booking platform company in raising private equity monies and documenting investment terms;
· selling a chain of health clubs;
· acting on the global procurement of financial software to international banks;
· advising the selling shareholders of the Made Simple Group (business products and services for start ups and small companies) to Moneypenny Limited;
· acting for Corona Corporate Solutions Limited (print/copy and digital solutions) in connection with its acquisition programme including the acquisitions of Copylogic Limited, Bureautech Limited and CBE Solutions Limited;
· advising Eyecon Alderney Limited (online gaming slots software) on its commercial negotiations with gaming operators and acting for its shareholders on their sale to Playtech plc;
· advising technology providers and licensees on all agreements ancillary to technology; evaluation agreements, maintenance and support arrangements, acceptance test procedures, integration, escrow arrangements, service level agreements (and credits for breach) and hosting; and
· providing data protection mapping, audits and GDPR compliance reviews, including training to clients.