Phil joined Teacher Stern as a trainee in 1980 and is head of the Legal 500 ranked real estate finance team. He is an expert in real estate finance with heavyweight experience in acting for a spectrum of lenders and borrowers.
He is very well regarded by his clients for providing sound commercial advice as well as having the technical knowhow. Clients have commented that he is “business orientated and pragmatic”. Phil is very proactive in driving deals towards closing and identifying complex issues, which have the potential to delay or even break the deal, at an early stage and finding solutions to overcome them.
An expert in property finance, Phil acts for banks and building societies on commercial property matters and both advises on, and drafts, security documentation.
- £430 million acquisition of a mixture of offshore and onshore companies owning 180 Shell petrol stations
- £101 million sale of a City building via JPUT
- Refinancing of shops and offices in Kensington, London to the value of £97 million
- £37 million acquisition of an industrial portfolio via four JPUTs
- Purchase of 42 snooker clubs via JPUT, worth £30 million