Rajesh qualified as a solicitor in 2002 and joined the firm in December 2008. His practice focuses on commercial litigation including corporate and shareholder disputes, civil fraud, debt and asset recovery, disputes arising out corporate transactions and commercial contract claims.
He also practices in several fields of professional liability with particular emphasis on claims against lawyers, financial institutions and advisors, surveyors, and architects.
Rajesh acts for clients from a diverse range of business sectors, including property, IT, sports and media, fashion, banking and travel.
- Advised 3 shareholders who successfully brought claims alleging unfair prejudice against a majority shareholder of an IT company.
- Successfully defended clients accused of setting up a competing business and arranging the fraudulent liquidation of a company.
- Advised a director with interests in a group of IT companies, defending claims of breach of fiduciary duty, fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of contract.
- Defending a claim brought against an elderly client by his former solicitors for unpaid fees in which the sums claimed were found to have been fraudulently exaggerated.
- Settled claims against financial institutions relating to complex interest rate and foreign exchange hedging products.
- Successfully defended a widow who was accused by a beneficiary of her late husband’s estate of misappropriating estate assets valued at US$20m.
- Acted for a claimant in successful proceedings worth £1 million brought against a building surveyor in relation to a failure to give proper advice in relation to flood risk.
- Successfully opposed a Supreme Court appeal against an order entering Judgment in default in respect of fraud claim worth US$20m.
- Obtained judgment for a claimant in proceedings worth £2 million brought against a bank in relation to a commercial property sold at an undervalue.
Partner, Teacher Stern
Solicitor, Teacher Stern
Solicitor, Healys LLP