Sarah is an experienced employment lawyer who advises both individuals and employers on all aspects of the employment relationship. This includes advice to businesses and organisations on drafting suitable contractual documentation at the beginning of the relationship and evaluating and advising individuals on terms and conditions; supporting employers carrying out disciplinary processes and responding to complaints raised by employees in order to minimise the risk of litigation; advising employees on negotiating the best exit packages often getting involved at an early stage in the process.
Sarah’s experience includes advising a range of organisations and individuals both commercial and not-for-profit particularly in the media and the arts and higher education but also in the financial sector.
She also represents both employers and employers in Employment Tribunal litigation and her recent experience includes:
• Acting for a university successfully defending a whistleblowing claim
• Advising a talent agency on a complex partnership dispute
• Advising an international trade organisation on good HR practice
• Helping an individual complain about sexual harassment and bullying and securing a favourable exit package
• Representing several senior individuals in the fields of media, including advertising and TV, and charities and higher education in disputes with their employers
• Successfully defending an employer against a claim from the Rural Payments Agency
Worked in publishing and as an artists’ agent prior to retraining as a lawyer
Trained at Stephens Innocent
Founding partner CCL
Partner at Simons Muirhead & Burton
Partner at Collyer Bristow
Trustee House of Illustration
Director Quentin Blake Limited