Thomas is a commercial contracts lawyer and certified data protection practitioner who advises on a range of commercial matters, with particular focus on data protection, software licensing and website development projects. Tom also has substantial experience advising major event organisers on ticketing matters with spectators and hospitality providers and brand protection work.
Tom’s significant experience in-house with leading technology manufacturers and major sporting event organisers (including Wimbledon) have enabled him to better understand the client’s products, brand, values and internal processes and provide solutions that are practical, commercial and compliant. Tom strives to understand the functions of underlying technologies, and the business case for any procurement, to focus advice on issues that matter.
Tom’s experience enables him to prepare user-friendly documents that protect his client’s interests on a range of complex commercial issues, including:
• data protection audits, mapping and GDPR compliance reviews, including assistance to front-of-house staff;
• software licensing, procurement and development;
• advice on commercial/IT matters;
• draft and negotiation of terms and conditions with suppliers and route-to-market agreements, including franchising, distribution, manufacturing and agency;
• commercial sales documentation for the sale, distribution and export of hi-tech equipment overseas;
• software and sound engineering solutions for major sporting events, including cloud services; and
• off-premises terms and conditions for the sale of goods and/or digital content to business and non-business customers online or by phone.
Thomas Eggar LLP (now Irwin Mitchell LLP) – IT/Commercial Contracts Solicitor
Kerman & Co LLP – Sports and Commercial Contracts Solicitor