Teacher Stern’s commercial team is highly respected in the London market. We advise large multinationals, public companies, owner-managed businesses and entrepreneurs across the full range of commercial matters that a business may encounter.
We are heavily embedded in the technology sector and regularly advise customers and suppliers on matters relating to information technology, data protection, privacy, intellectual property, outsourcing and procurement. We have significant expertise in software and other technology issues.
In addition, we also provide a full general commercial contacts service to our clients. We regularly advise on matters such as franchising, supply & distribution, agencies, standard terms and conditions of sale, privacy policies and other more general commercial contracts.
For media clients, we advise on a broad array of matters ranging from the negotiation of multi-million pound sports, advertising and marketing contracts to matters such as protecting intellectual property rights and reputation protection. We also advise on matters relating to the use and development of new multimedia platforms, regulatory issues and licensing.
We have a talented team of specialist commercial lawyers at Teacher Stern who not only understand the detail of commercial contracts but also understand the related industry sectors and market practice within those industries. So, whether you’re looking for guidance on a major strategic issue or simply a quick answer to a day-to-day matter, our commercial team can provide the insight, knowledge and understanding that you need to make your deal a success.
What We Do
The areas covered by our Commercial practice include:
- Intellectual Property
- Commercial Contracts
- Data Protection & Privacy
- Information Technology & Gaming
- Outsourcing & Procurement
Representative Commercial Work
Examples of our commercial work include:
- Advised a subsidiary of a listed company in connection with marine and air transport agreements, as well as a customs broker services agreement.
- Advised a UK company in connection with supply, distribution and licence agreements relating to its distribution of products in Europe and Africa on behalf of a US manufacturer.
- Advised a major high street restaurant group in connection with the establishment of franchise arrangements both nationally and internationally.
- Advised the operating entity of a UK airport in relation to the outsourcing of key IT security functions and services to a third party service provider.
- Advised a financial software provider on the development and licensing of its payment technology software into banks, as well as in respect of software maintenance contracts relating to that technology.
- Advised a European bank in connection with a number of IT contracts it was entering into with third parties.