Teacher Stern’s Legal 500 ranked corporate team provides hands-on, commercially focused legal advice to domestic and international clients of all sizes including quoted companies, large corporates, private equity firms, management teams, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals.
Whether it’s mergers and acquisitions, private equity, capital markets, tax or other corporate advisory work, we have the technical expertise and knowledge to guide you through the transaction process and deliver the results you need.
Our corporate lawyers aren’t just experts in their field. They are accomplished, pragmatic lawyers with well-rounded commercial experience who have the ability and determination to add value to our clients’ businesses. They are deal makers that can be relied upon to resolve issues and achieve results.
It’s the combination of our expertise, proactive approach, commitment to deliver and responsiveness that consistently ensures deals are done on time and in the manner that best serves our clients.
What We Do
The areas covered by our corporate practice include:
Representative Corporate Work
Examples of our team’s corporate work include:
- Advised the shareholders of Galliard Healthcare Communications on the sale of the company to FTSE listed UDG Group plc for a purchase price of £13m.
- Advised Guggenheim & Partners (New York) in connection with the acquisition of Lazard Capital Markets International, a household financial services company based in London.
- Advised Comprop on the £51.3m recommended takeover by C.I. Traders Ltd.
- Advised the Yoo Group on its joint venture with Frasers Property Group relating to the development of a £131m mixed-use tower scheme in Vauxhall.
- Advised on the acquisition and disposal of corporate entities holding various shopping centres across the UK; including the sale of two high value malls situated at London Underground stations for a combined value of £270m.
- Advised the majority shareholders of Voxygen Limited on its disposal to the Dutch based communications group, Lebara.
- Advised the Serimnir Fund on certain corporate, real estate and tax aspects relating to the establishment and operation of a fund set up to purchase up to £50m worth of UK commercial real estate.
“demonstrated both commercial and technical excellence in a complex transaction”
Ian Hogg, Director and Shareholder, Fox Poker Limited
“Teacher Stern’s corporate team was a vital component to the successful conclusion of a complex and detailed transaction offering us proactive advice and creative solutions when needed”
Ran Avidan, Managing Director, GAIL’s Bakeries