Corporate Real Estate
Teacher Stern has a respected corporate real estate practice that is regularly involved in landmark property deals in the London market.
In addition to advising on joint ventures for clients involved in property investment and development, our specialist team also advises on high value transactions involving the acquisition and disposal of both commercial and residential property. Many of these transactions have multi-jurisdictional elements arising from the use of complex corporate wrappers involving offshore companies and property unit trusts.
We know that understanding and addressing the technicalities of a transaction, whilst at the same time bearing in mind the client’s principal objective of buying or selling the underlying real estate asset, is key to completing a successful deal. That’s why we combine the knowledge and expertise of our corporate real estate team with that of our real estate, banking & finance and tax teams to provide a complete service to our corporate real estate clients.
Our clients include UK and offshore family offices, trustees of high value offshore settlements, large property investment companies, property developers and investors.
Representative Corporate Real Estate Work
Examples of our team’s corporate real estate work include:
- Advised on the acquisition and disposal of various shopping centres across the UK; including the sale of two high value malls situated at London Underground stations for a combined value of £270m.
- Advised on a £430m acquisition of a mixture of offshore and onshore companies owning 180 petrol stations and advised on the sale thereof three years later to a global petroleum company.
- Advised a well-known family office on the £30m sale of a prestige office building in the City of London via the sale of shares in a Jersey property unit trust.
- Advised on the £29m sale of a landmark London hotel held by an offshore trust.
- Advised on the acquisition of a number of hotels and hostels in central and greater London for an offshore family office.
- Advised a well-known family trust on the £18m acquisition of a prime residential property located in Mayfair from a Swiss family trust.
- Advised overseas investors on the purchase of offshore SPVs holding high value residential properties in London with values ranging from £3m to over £20m.