Drawing on cross-disciplinary expertise from lawyers in our corporate, employment, tax and dispute resolution practices, Teacher Stern’s partnership team advises partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships and individuals across the full spectrum of partnership matters.
Our corporate team regularly advises on the formation and structuring of partnerships and LLPs, as well as on drafting and negotiating partnership and LLP agreements. In doing so, they work closely with members of our tax team who are usually involved at an early stage of the process to ensure that the overall partnership structure works from a tax perspective.
We frequently advise on the admission and retirement of partners, exit strategies, and the termination of partnerships. Where partnerships are wound up on an insolvent basis, our dispute resolution and insolvency teams can provide expert advice on priorities, entitlements and risks.
Our employment team has significant experience in advising partnerships and individuals alike in connection with the enforcement of restrictive covenants.
Representative Partnerships Work
Our typical partnership work includes:
- Advising on the formation of LLPs and limited partnerships; including drafting and negotiating partnership agreements and LLP agreements.
- Advising on the tax implications of partnership and LLP structures.
- Advising on the removal of members and making changes to partnership agreements and LLP agreements.
- Advising individual partners on joining or leaving partnerships and LLPs, including team moves.
- Advising on partnership disputes, including disputes between members and an LLP and also between members.
- Advising on partnership insolvencies and winding up.
- Advising on the enforceability of post termination restrictions.
Claire RolloPartner Corporate and Commercial
Claire ‘s area of practice covers a wide range of corporate and commercial activities, such as company and business purchases, mergers and sales (for both private clients and insolvency practitioners), start up and shareholders’ agreements, advising on initial and further fundraising, general company administration and business support.
She also has extensive experience in drafting, negotiating and advising upon a variety of commercial contracts for her business clients including terms of trading, distribution and supply agreements, employment and executive service agreements.
As further support to her business clients, Claire advises on employment related matters.
Recent projects include:-
– drafting business support agreements to providers of hosting, DR and IT consultancy services;
– negotiating acquisitions and disposals of high value Central London properties via off-shore companies;
– advising purchaser of League One Football Club;
– negotiating and drafting licence agreements for long-established fine art image library;
– acting for the sellers of well-known West End night club;
– joint venture acquisitions of property;
– advising upon and preparing employee share option schemes;
Claire qualified in 1993 after training with a West End firm of solicitors. She started at Butcher Burns in 1996 and was later made a partner and joined Teacher Stern as partner as part of its merger with Butcher Burns LLP.
Nottingham University – BA(Hons)
37-41 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JH United Kingdom