Private Equity & Venture Capital
Our private equity practice is both highly respected and active in the market. We regularly advise clients ranging from early-stage start-up companies seeking finance through to private equity institutions, family offices, sovereign funds, sellers of owner-managed businesses, lenders and management teams.
We advise on early-stage investments, investment structuring, risk mitigation, subsequent funding rounds, debt financing and equity reorganisation, as well as exits via trade sales, secondary buyouts, asset dispositions or IPOs.
If you’re an investee company, we can usually introduce you to private equity funders looking to invest in companies like yours.
We take a practical approach in advising our clients and are committed to delivering deals on time and within budget. In doing so, we provide advice that is both pragmatic and commercially sound.
Representative Private Equity & Venture Capital Work
Examples of our team’s private equity & venture capital work include:
- Advised the shareholders of a substantial hospitality chain in connection with the disposal of a 33% interest in their business to a private equity investment fund. Enterprise value £90m.
- Advised the founders and owners of Bread Holdings Limited (a high end chain of London coffee shops t/a Gail’s Artisan Bakery) on the sale, earn-out and rollover of the owners’ differing interests in the business to Risk Capital Partners. Enterprise value £23.4m.
- Advised Poncho No 8 in connection with a substantial private equity investment.
- Advised on the acquisition and financing of a controlling interest in the UK’s largest independent security services provider and the subsequent restructuring of the investment.
- Advised the shareholders of a renowned luxury silver alloy business in connection with the sale of their shares and negotiation of detailed earn-out terms.