Our team of experienced construction dispute resolution professionals delivers high-quality pragmatic commercial advice tailored to your specific goals with the utmost cost-effectiveness.
Construction disputes are often multi-faceted with particular complexities arising from the nature of the multi-layered agreements common to construction projects. This complexity requires highly capable construction solicitors to be brought on board as soon as possible so that an effective litigation strategy can be implemented. Our early focus on outcomes driven by your commercial requirements will not only increase your prospects of success but it will also save both time and costs.
We act for all sectors of the construction industry including developers, high net worth individuals and other investors, construction companies (including main and sub-contractors) and construction professional service providers in the wide range of disputes that occur from inception to completion of a construction project.
A tailored approach to your dispute can produce prompt settlement without the need for protracted and expensive court proceedings often. We use the full spectrum of alternative dispute resolution including mediation, adjudication and arbitration to meet your objectives.
Representative Construction Disputes Work
Examples of our team’s construction disputes experience include:
- Advised a large German contractor in connection with the defence of a substantial claim relating to alleged roofing defects in the distribution warehouse of a national supermarket chain, and then played a key role in the successful settlement discussions.
- Advised the developer of 4 luxury townhouses in Hampstead (sold for £26m) on claims against contractors for defects in swimming pool membranes and other key issues, including soft and hard landscaping.
- Advised an international construction company in relation to claims arising out of a North African hospitality development in was involved in.
- Advised a high net worth individual on a successful claim for damages against a national property developer resulting from repudiatory breach of contract, defective works and liquidated damages.
- Advised an international sub-contractor in a breach of contract and loss of profit claim arising from infrastructure work completed at the Salford Media Centre.
- Advised a sub-contractor in a successful claim for retention monies and loss of profit against a well-known national property developer.
- Advised on the successful dismissal of a winding up petition brought against a developer client by the main contractor after an Interim Award was issued by the Contract Administrator who then negligently failed to issue a Withholding Notice in accordance with the JCT deadline.