Our employment lawyers are highly experienced at helping corporate and individual clients navigate their way through the employment law minefield.
We have been recognised by the Legal 500 as leading London employment lawyers.
As long-standing advisers to employers and employees, we are adept at seeing both sides of the issues involved in any employment law dispute. We believe this is essential to helping mediate a mutually agreeable solution or fighting to gain the best possible result for our client.
You are entitled to expect your lawyers to be well versed in the law applicable to your individual situation. We also pride ourselves on taking a commercial, pragmatic and cost-effective approach to legal problems which require fast and effective solutions. We take the time to understand your specific needs and deal with matters in a down-to-earth and user-friendly manner.
Our employment lawyers cover the whole range of contentious and non-contentious employment law matters. We advise major companies through to smaller private and owner-managed businesses as well as individuals in a wide variety of sectors, including financial services, manufacturing, retail, professional services, healthcare, recruitment, publishing, media, IT, restaurants, hotels and leisure.
What We Do
The areas covered by our Employment practice include:
Representative Employment Work
Examples of our employment team’s work include:
- Advised on the employment aspects of a multi-billion dollar merger resulting in substantial redundancies and collective consultation obligations.
- Advised a leading global financial services business in relation to allegations of impropriety by employees in relation to serious regulatory misconduct.
- Advised a former employee of a global financial services company in relation to unfair dismissal and discrimination claims resulting in an appeal to the Employment Appeal Tribunal and a substantial compensation award in our client’s favour.
- Advised an employer in relation to an investigation into allegations of serious misconduct by a senior director including allegations of a culture of institutionalised discrimination and unlawful behaviour resulting in a gross misconduct dismissal.
- Advised an employee of a public authority (who suffered discrimination, harassment and victimisation arising from disabilities) on a protracted grievance process and in relation to Employment Tribunal proceedings taken on behalf of our client.
- Regularly advise employees in relation to their rights as Employee Shareholders under the new employee shareholder legislation. We are one of the leading advisors in the UK in relation to such schemes.