Employment Advice for Individuals
Acting for individuals is an extremely important part of our business at Teacher Stern.
As experienced advisers both of employers and employees at all levels, we believe that we have detailed knowledge and understanding of both sides of employment law disputes that allows us to give highly practical advice to our many individual clients.
We understand that as a self-employed person, employee, partner or LLP member you may be facing a workplace situation with important consequences for you and your career. We will ensure that we take the time to understand your circumstances and help you to understand the options available to you.
We advise individuals entering into a new workplace relationship, those experiencing difficulties during their working relationship and in exit discussions and post-employment disputes and settlement negotiations. We have particular expertise advising on and negotiating settlement agreements and regularly receive referrals and recommendations from large institutions and other professional advisers to assist in this regard.
We also understand that cost may be an issue for you and we will be clear and open in terms of potential fees and where appropriate will discuss possible alternative sources of funding for you.
We encourage and promote the early resolution of employment disputes where appropriate, but are also experienced and tenacious litigators if this is needed in your individual situation.
Representative Employment Advice for Individuals Work
Examples of our employment team’s employment advice work include:
- Advised the CEO of a well-known financial services company on their departure from that company and the subsequent assumption of a role with the leading regulator for that business.
- Successfully advised a senior employee of a major international bank on charges of regulatory impropriety resulting in the charges being dropped.
- We regularly advise partners of City and US law firms on the terms of which they join or leave their firms.
- We have a strong track record in the broadcasting industry advising numerous employees and ex-employees on their employment rights.
Further generic examples of our work for individuals include:
- Employment contracts, consultancy agreements and executive service agreements;
- Disciplinary and grievance processes;
- Termination of employment including the negotiation of settlement agreements;
- Redundancy situations;
- Partnership matters;
- Bullying, harassment and all types of discrimination in the workplace;
- Litigating in the Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal and the High Court;
- Employee competition matters including confidential information and restrictive covenant disputes; and
- Employee absences including family leave and ill health issues.