Teacher Stern offers a wide range of legal advice and services covering all aspects of an individual’s estate and inheritance tax planning needs.
Our private client team specialises in wealth and inheritance tax planning, wills and trusts. Those specialisms extend to include other work such as Court of Protection work and advising on lasting powers of attorney, deputyships and associated matters.
We regularly act for high net worth individuals and entrepreneurs in relation to their UK and international interests. In doing so, we work closely with offshore trustees, bankers, investment managers and family office professionals to ensure that our clients’ needs are met.
Whether you wish to protect your wealth for future generations, mitigate inheritance tax or provide for your loved ones upon death, our specialist team will work with you to identify your needs and implement a bespoke solution that is individually tailored to your personal requirements.
What We Do
The areas covered by our Private Client practice include:
Representative Private Client Work
Examples of our team’s private client work include:
- Advised numerous clients on inheritance tax planning and structuring when relocating to the UK from overseas.
- Advised on the removal of an unsuitable Deprivation of Liberty representative on behalf of a Deputy.
- Advised numerous clients in relation to disputes with HMRC and, in doing so, successfully argued the application of ‘non-domiciled’ status – which often resulted in either no inheritance tax payable or substantial reductions.
- Advised on the establishment of offshore trusts for minor beneficiaries and the mitigation of related taxes in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised on, and prepared, numerous tailored Wills for non-UK domiciled clients in order to mitigate UK inheritance tax and deal with international assets.