Teacher Stern’s reputation in the real estate development sector is founded on decades of experience in advising residential developers and house builders. It is that experience, coupled with our in-depth market knowledge and technical expertise, which makes us one of the leading real estate practices in London.
We advise a broad array of clients including developers, investors, land owners and banks across a broad range of residential real estate matters including the development of commercial, residential and mixed-use schemes, site assembly and acquisition, planning, high-value refurbishments, development & construction projects, joint ventures, compulsory purchase, construction documentation, pre-lets, forward sales, landlord and tenant and dispute resolution.
We have particular expertise in the development of student accommodation, care homes and mixed-use schemes comprising residential and commercial units.
Our real estate development lawyers have all the necessary technical expertise, industry knowledge and commercial insight to understand the specific issues, constraints and opportunities necessary to deliver your project. They work closely with lawyers from our Banking & Finance, Corporate, Construction, Real Estate and Tax teams to ensure that our clients receive a comprehensive legal service covering all aspects of their projects. We also work closely with our clients’ professional teams to ensure a smooth project delivery.
We take the time to understand our clients’ needs and commercial objectives. We then tailor our advice to meet their needs and help ensure that their visions become a reality.
Representative Development Work
Examples of our development work include:
- Advised the Yoo Group on its joint venture with Frasers Property Group relating to the development of a £131m mixed-use tower scheme in Vauxhall.
- Advised the former and current owners of an iconic development site in Shoreditch
- Advised the Buyers of a 2015 mixed retail and residential scheme in Belsize Park, London, NW3.
Oliver AzzuriPartner Real Estate
Involved in all sectors of property development and investment, Oliver has broad experience in dealing with high-value investment purchases and sales, often by way
of complex tax and funding structures.
He has significant expertise in complex pre-letting transactions, site assembly (both commercial and residential) developments, and establishing limited partnerships
and unit trusts.
Oliver also advises major retailers on store acquisitions and disposal programmes
and administrators on the sale of property assets on insolvency.
Significant transactions include:
- Purchase of Victoria Place Shopping Centre in London for £92.5 million which included a £257 million portfolio refinance
- £145 million acquisition of a landmark London office building, by way of a Shariah-compliant corporate and funding structure
- Acquired a London shopping centre for £119 million, by way of a sub-sale into a Jersey Unit Trust
- Advised developer in relation to construction of a shopping centre above a London Underground station, dealing with substantial pre-lets and disposal for c.£100 million by way of partnership interest disposal
- Purchase of a London landmark listed building for a residential developer to convert to 100 luxury flats
- Engineered the smooth entry into the UK of a major French retailer
- Advised a major developer on a mixed-use retail and residential scheme in Cardiff
- Advised healthcare company in taking a substantial lease of a hospital
37 – 41 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JH United Kingdom