Landlord & Tenant
Teacher Stern has an established landlord and tenant practice advising a broad spectrum of clients including landlords and tenants in the office, retail, leisure and hospitality sectors; as well as real estate investors, developers, lenders, pension funds, investment funds, private equity funds and insurance companies generally.
We advise on a wide range of landlord and tenant matters including:
- office, retail and industrial leases;
- lease portfolios and restructuring;
- sale and leasebacks;
- net, gross, semi-net/gross and base-year leases; and
- lease assignments, subleases and surrenders.
We have extensive experience of negotiating and drafting all forms of leases in the retail and hospitality sector where we act for dozens of household name tenants in the retail, cafe and restaurant sectors, as well as landlords.
Our experience of acting for both landlords and tenants on a daily basis means that we have a solid and current understanding of the issues, concerns and risks facing our clients. We understand the dynamics that exist between a landlord’s need to enhance income and capital value on one hand and the needs of a tenant on the other to maintain flexibility and security on the other. Whether you’re a landlord or a tenant, our commercial leasing lawyers have the experience and expertise necessary to ensure that your commercial objectives can be met.
Invariably, as with most business arrangements, disputes will arise between landlords and tenants. When they do, our Real Estate lawyers work closely with our Dispute Resolution lawyers to provide clients with strategic advice and legal analysis on the lease terms in dispute, default, termination, landlord and tenant rights, remedies and enforcement.
Representative Landlord & Tenant Work
Examples of our landlord & tenant work include:
- Advised on a new beauty salon operation setting up in the UK.
- Advised Boos Juice bars on its expansion in the UK.
- Advised Lola’s Cupcakes on its various new outlets.
- Advised Burger & Lobster on its various new outlets.
- Advised Ed’s Easy Diner on its various new outlets.
- Advised the tenant in opening the first and/or best kimono shop in the UK.
Victoria HodgesPartner Real Estate
Victoria is a commercial property lawyer with property finance expertise who specialises in sales, purchases, refinances, secured lending and all types of landlord and tenant work. Victoria also deals with high value residential property sales and purchases for clients whose portfolios include both commercial and residential properties, and advises in relation to Stamp Duty Land Tax issues. Victoria acts for a wide variety of clients including offshore companies, unit trusts, family trusts, funds, lenders, borrowers, developers, retailers and high net worth individuals.
- Advised both sellers and buyers in relation to the sale and purchase of all sorts of commercial properties including by way of auction.
- Advised landlord clients on a wide range of management matters in relation to their commercial property portfolios.
- Advised a landlord client in relation to the management of a central London shopping centre, including acting for the landlord on lettings to a variety of household name retailers.
- Advised restaurant clients in relation to acquiring existing leases and taking new leases of prime premises in central London, as well as in relation to the sale of restaurant premises.
- Advised buyers in relation to the purchase of high value residential properties in central London for investment purposes.
- Advised on the borrower side in relation to the refinancing of their property portfolios with institutional lenders.
- Advised on the lender side in relation to short and mid-term loans secured by way of commercial, residential and development property
Partner, Teacher Stern
Solicitor, Teacher Stern
<a href=”/”><img src=”https://www.legal500.com/assets/images/recommended/UK_recommended_lawyer_2017.jpg” alt=”The Legal 500 – The Clients Guide to Law Firms” width=”148″ height=”214″ border=”0″></a>
37 – 41 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JH United Kingdom