Residential Real Estate
Teacher Stern’s Residential Real Estate team provides a high quality, bespoke residential property service to our clients. Our experienced team members ensure that the needs of our clients are a priority whether they are an individual, trustee, corporate body or financial institution.
Whether dealing with single property purchases or the purchase of a residential real estate portfolio, we will ensure that the conveyancing process is undertaken in as straightforward and stress free manner as is possible.
We provide clients with a full range of residential real estate services in relation to:-
- buying and selling family homes (whether freehold or leasehold);
- buying residential properties for investment purposes;
- extending leases;
- collectively purchasing freeholds with other tenants;
- re-mortgaging properties;
- transferring equity in properties;
- transferring residential properties for tax planning reasons; and
- understanding the impact of restrictive covenants, easements and other matters that affect residential real estate.
We have full technical knowledge and legal skills to deal with all matters relating to residential property, whether they are directly related to the matter or ancillary to it. Our Residential Real Estate lawyers also work closely with lawyers from our Corporate, Tax and Private Client teams to ensure that your transaction is structured in a way that is tax efficient for you.
Representative Residential Real Estate Work
Examples of our team’s residential real estate work include:
- Advised an international property development company in relation to the multi-million pound refinance of three high value residential properties in central London.
- Advised a high net worth individual in connection with the £30m acquisition of a residential property in Knightsbridge held via an offshore company.
- Advised on the £90m sale of a residential property located in London and held offshore.
- Advised two high net worth individuals in relation to the purchase of an £8m residential property in central London.
Residential Conveyancing Price and Service Information
Our standard of service
The firm is an accredited member of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS) and the firm’s CQS registration number is 01947.
We currently have fourteen members of our residential property team and their profiles can be found on our website. The members are as follows:
|Name||Job title||Year of Qualification||Hourly Rate|
|Suzanne Hamer||Senior Associate||2006||£275|
|Sally Jones||Legal Executive||2015||£160|
All transactions are overseen by one of the partners
Click here for purchase of residential property
Click here for sale of residential property
Click here for mortgage/remortgaging of a residential property
David PhillipsPartner Real Estate
David has a broad commercial and residential real estate practice. He is highly experienced in all aspect of commercial property transactions including property development, the acquisition and disposal of investment portfolios, negotiating commercial leases, and secured lending. David also manages several shopping centres across England.
Along side his commercial expertise, David heads up our residential department dealing with the acquisition and disposal of residential properties for owner occupiers and investors. The emphasis is on high value transactions, the purchase of development sites and the disposal of the finished product, leasehold enfranchisement and lease extensions.
Work for Teacher Stern includes:
• Purchase and sale of a shopping centre in Fareham, Hampshire for £112 million
• £40 million sale of a landmark office building in Liverpool
• £16 million acquisition of a penthouse flat in central London
• Acquisition of an office and retail building in central London for £7 million
• Purchase, development and onward sale of a mixed-use site in central London
• Purchase of a shopping Centre in Streford, Manchester for £80 million
• Development acquisition, construction and plot sales of flats in North West London
37-41 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JH United Kingdom