Talent representation is one of the core strengths of Teacher Stern’s sports practice, and we are widely recognised as one of the leading sports law firms in the UK.
We regularly advise some of the biggest names in sport including football clubs, sports bodies and sports agents as well as Premiership footballers, Olympic athletes and other international sports men and women.
We advise on all the day-to-day issues faced by talent/players and their agents/representatives, including:
- Transfers of player registrations
- Image rights and intellectual property issues
- Representation and management agreements
- Employment contracts
- Disciplinary matters
- Sponsorship, endorsement, publishing, merchandising and other commercial agreements
Our sports clients benefit from our significant experience and understanding of the issues and opportunities regularly faced by individual sportsmen and women, and their agents. As part of our full legal service, we can also introduce our sports clients to other specialist lawyers in Teacher Stern who can advise them in relation to matters relating to immigration, estate planning & Wills and real estate.
Representative Talent Representation Work
Examples of our team’s talent representation work include:
- Advised “Oscar” dos Santos Emboaba Júnior in connection with an extension of his current contract with Chelsea.
- Advised third party rights holders in the transfer of Carlos Tevez to Manchester United and subsequently to Manchester City FC.
- Advised Carlos Tevez on his disciplinary issues with Manchester City and in his subsequent transfer to Juventus
- Advised in connection with the high profile transfers of Paulhino (Tottenham), Willian (Chelsea) and Oscar (Chelsea).
- Advised leading Great Britain athletes in respect of the selection policy of their respective governing bodies in the lead up to London 2012 and Commonwealth Games 2014.