With the effects of the credit crunch still lingering in the market place, and the imposition of more stringent financial regulations restricting lending and investment, those seeking to advance and receive finance continue to face significant challenges. Having advised many leading banking and financial institutions in the City over the last 30 years, as well as numerous borrowers and fund raisers, we understand these challenges all too well.
Our Banking & Finance team continue to act for a number of banks in the City, as well as a significant number of borrowers, on a vast array of banking matters. The team delivers a full range of legal services including property investment and development finance, acquisition finance, lending and security and general banking advice. These services extend to include advising on senior debt and mezzanine debt transactions, syndicated and bi-lateral loan agreements, deeds of priority, debentures, mortgages, guarantees and trade finance facilities. Our lawyers provide an efficient and commercial approach and possess a wealth of transactional experience. We work closely throughout the transaction with other professional advisors and investors to ensure the transaction progresses smoothly to completion.
When things go wrong, our Dispute Resolution teams will be on hand to deal with lender and borrower enforcement, insolvency and corporate rescue matters.
Our Corporate team advises on all aspects of corporate finance work including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity investments, and has a depth of experience in acting on related matters in the financial sector. Our Capital Markets team regularly advises on fundraisings and private placings for listed and unlisted companies.
The Commercial team at Teacher Stern advises a number of household names in the finance sector on matters ranging from standard terms and conditions of business, service level agreements, outsourcing, online payment terms, IT contracts and more.
We have a proven record of delivering cost effective advice in a competitive market on matters spanning the breath of the banking & finance sector.
Examples of our banking & finance work include:
- Advised a household name in the car sales industry in relation to a £60m loan from Lloyds Bank plc which was secured over 70 properties.
- Advised a property development company in connection with a £46m refinancing of a revolving working capital facility secured on a large portfolio of properties (both residential and commercial).
- Advised a household finance provider on a £100m invoice discounting facility from Macquarie Bank.
- Advised the Yoo Group on its joint venture with Frasers Property Group relating to the financing and building of a £131m mixed-use development in Vauxhall.
- Advised the Serimnir Fund in connection with the establishment and operation of a fund set up to purchase up to £50m worth of UK commercial real estate.
- Advised the shareholders of a substantial hospitality chain in connection with a significant private equity investment which valued the business at approximately £90m.