Transports & Logistics
The transportation & logistics industry forms the backbone of modern supply chains and keeps both people and products on the move. Population growth, as well as significant increases in passenger and freight travel, is not only placing unprecedented demand on businesses operating in this industry but also creating exciting opportunities for those businesses….
As specialist legal advisors in the transport and logistics industry, we have wide-ranging expertise in dealing with operators of both small and large fleets as well as national and international carriers. We are strong across all practice areas, particularly Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Real Estate, Dispute Resolution, Insolvency, Banking & Finance, Employment and Commercial.
Our transport and logistics team comprises an interdisciplinary team of lawyers from across the firm which:
- is led by partners who have distinct knowledge of the dynamics in operation in the sector including its major players and primary business drivers;
- has a proven track record of successfully advising on many high profile transactions in the UK’s transport and logistics sector;
- has experience in M&A transactions and joint ventures in both the transport and logistics sectors;
- has advised on numerous outsourcing and procurement arrangements in each of the transport and logistics sectors;
- has sector specific employment law and HR knowledge;
- can provide tailored advice on debt financing, restructuring and insolvency;
- includes dispute resolution lawyers with specific experience in transport and logistic related disputes;
- includes Real Estate lawyers who can advise on all aspects relating to the ownership, occupation, use and sale of properties used in sector.
Our transport and logistic clients include some of the biggest names in the sector and range from start-ups to major multinationals and listed companies.
Examples of our transport & logistics work include:
- Advised Metroline Limited on its acquisition of bus routes operated from five separate bus depots in West London from First Group plc for £57.5 million.
- Advised a subsidiary of a listed logistics company in connection with marine and air transport agreements, as well as a customs broker services agreement.
- Advised a major UK public transport provider on its tender response relating to the provision of passenger transport services to a major London airport.
- Advised a listed group on several corporate acquisitions in the logistics sector including both domestic and cross-border acquisitions ranging in value up to circa USD $200m.
- Advised the operating entity of a UK airport in relation to the outsourcing of key IT security functions and services to a third party service provider.
- Advised a listed document storage company in connection with numerous commercial contracts including contracts relating to outsourcing, data protection and privacy issues, data management services and service levels.