Legal Executives, Paralegals & Licensed Conveyancers
Valeriya ZinchenkoParalegal Banking & Finance
Valeriya joined Teacher Stern in September 2019 as a paralegal in the Banking and Finance department.
Before joining, Valeriya undertook various internships:
- Ader Haber LLP in Kiev, Ukraine, where she worked within the Corporate team and was involved in the restructuring of a Ukrainian company; and
- 4 Pump Court Chambers (Mini-Pupillage) within construction law, insurance and litigation; and
- Legis Chambers (Mini-Pupillage) within commercial litigation, immigration and real estate.
LLB Law in City University London – First Class Honours
LLM Master of Corporate Law – UCL
LPC in BPP Holborn – Distinction
Additional qualifications and achievements
Valeriya wrote an Independent Research Essay as a part of LLM Master degree with a contentious thesis “Potential effects of Brexit on the powers to block cross-border takeovers”
Recognition and awards
- Valeriya was awarded six academic prizes for her LLB, including: Dennis Glover Memorial Prize for Company Law; Martin Dockray Prize for Best Part 3; CLS Prize for First Class Degree; CLS Prize for best performance in an elective; and CLS Prize for Outstanding Performance in EU and Land Law.
- Group member, contributor, charity work
- Worked on a pro-bono case during time in Legis Chambers
- Volunteer and co-organiser of Over 60’s Lunch during LLB at City
- Member of Law Society during LLB degree