Adam VidlerSenior Associate Dispute Resolution
Adam is a property litigation solicitor specialising in landlord and tenant matters. Adam’s experience includes acting for a wide variety of clients ranging from large institutional investors (portfolio work) to dealing with individual matters. Adam has experience of working in the County Court, High Court and First-Tier Tribunal. Adam also has experience of various methods of Alternative Dispute Resolution (e.g. Mediation).
Adam deals with residential and commercial property and his work areas include the following: Arrears recovery, possession proceedings, drafting and advising on notices, trespass claims, enforcement of covenants, dilapidations claims, lease renewals, advising on lease terms and adverse possession claims.
- Successfully opposing a relief from forfeiture application on behalf of a commercial landlord in relation to a site in central London;
- Advising a large group of leaseholders in relation to a substantial service charge dispute with a local authority;
- Carrying out regular work for a managing agent responsible for a significant residential portfolio. Adam had sole conduct of this work which primarily included serving notices and issuing possession proceedings but also advising on how to improve procedures and updating the client’s systems to ensure compliance with the fast paced changes in this area;
- Advising a commercial client with a franchise business based in numerous sites of a major national supermarket in relation to the simultaneous termination of an operating agreement and lease;
- Advising landlords and tenants in relation to the section 20 consultation procedure and proceedings in the First Tier Tribunal following a failure to consult.
Solomon Taylor & Shaw – Solicitor
Maxwell Winward – Trainee Solicitor