Colin RichmanPartner Dispute Resolution
Colin joined Teacher Stern in 1987. His current cases mainly involve landlord and tenant issues, secured lending recoveries, professional negligence claims, and real estate joint venture / co-ownership disputes. He heads the Real Estate Disputes and Loan & Security Enforcement teams across all areas of property and secured lending dispute work, and works with a number of key clients to co-ordinate and implement effective asset management strategies and loan portfolio recoveries.
His experience also includes construction claims, planning and compulsory purchase advice, contentious insolvency work, advising parties and tribunals in commercial arbitrations, intellectual property claims and technology disputes.
- Advised and acted for mortgagees and fixed charge receivers in connection with their commercial and residential investment loan portfolios.
- Advised on and implemented strategies to enable site owners to secure vacant possession for redevelopment purposes.
- Advised shopping centre landlords and asset managers in achieving successful outcomes to lease renewal programmes at major schemes.
- Advised on numerous rent reviews and arbitration awards.
- Obtained substantial settlement in Technology and Construction Court action against specialist contractors for defective development works.
- Advised and acted for landlords and lessees on substantial terminal tenancy dilapidations claims.
Partner, Teacher Stern
Partner, Portner and Jaskel 1985–87
Solicitor, then Partner, Farmar Miller 1982-85
Trained at Kaufman Kramer & Shebson 1980-82
St Catherine’s College Oxford
37-41 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JH United Kingdom