Juliana RusevaAssociate Corporate and Commercial
Juliana joined Teacher Stern in September 2016 as a trainee solicitor and qualified as a solicitor in October 2018.
As a trainee, her first seat was in the Real Estate department where she assisted on large-scale real estate development and finance transactions, as well as a variety of high value residential matters. Her second seat was in the Commercial Litigation department where she worked on several multi-jurisdictional cases including a case concerning the LME and matters relating to fraud investigations. Her third seat was in the Corporate and Commercial department where she worked on several multi-million pound deals including the sale of a B2B company and the sale of a company conditional on flotation on AIM. Her final seat was in the Commercial Real Estate department where she gained exposure to large scale developments and sales and purchases of significant property portfolios.
In her subsequent experience as a corporate, commercial, and data protection associate she has had the opportunity to hone her commercial and legal skills by being exposed to high levels of responsibility and client contact. She has run matters for various high net worth individuals, corporations, and start-up clients in industries such as technology, telecoms, media, investment, gaming and others.
Examples of her work are listed below:
- she has conducted GDPR assessments for a variety of commercial clients, prepared GDPR protocols and privacy policies following these assessments and reviewed and dealt with subject access requests. She has been the designated data protection associate since early 2019.
- she has drafted and negotiated IP agreements (content and games licenses) and advised one of the largest media platforms for children’s content globally on privacy issues.
- she has drafted and negotiated a variety of commercial agreements such as framework agreements, master service level agreements, web services agreements, license agreements, reseller agreements, IP non-exploitation and non-circumvention agreements for technology, telecoms, media, fashion and other B2B clients.
- she advised on the sale of an international gaming company with a deal value circa £60 million.
- some of the corporate deals she has worked on include the conditional flotation on AIM of a design technology B2B business with deal value circa £50 million and the sale of a transport company with deal value circa £50 million.
Before joining the firm, Juliana spent 6 months working as a paralegal in the Litigation departments of a magic circle law firm and a boutique city law firm focusing on complex multi-jurisdictional matters.
Law, King’s College London
Accelerated LPC, University of Law (Commendation)
MSc Law, Business & Management, University of Law