Real Estate Finance
Our real estate finance team is acknowledged by independent commentators (including the Legal 500) as one of the leading real estate finance practices in London. The team acts for a number of banks in the City as well as for mezzanine lenders, short term lenders, developers, investors, investment funds and a variety of other borrowers.
By acting for both borrowers and lenders, we have an in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the requirements of both our lending and borrowing clients. This enables us to provide timely commercial advice to our clients, which is essential to ensuring that deals get done.
Our experience and expertise in real estate finance and security is extensive. We regularly advise on the financing of a broad selection of Real Estate assets including offices, Shopping Centres, retail units, hotels, leisure centres and residential properties. Our work ranges from plain vanilla real estate lending and borrowing to highly complex tax-based structured finance with offshore elements.
We are well regarded in the London market for our expertise in diligently preparing, advising on and negotiating finance documentation relating to real estate development and investment.
The real estate finance team is complimented by lawyers from our well-established Real Estate, Construction, Corporate and Tax teams which work together to provide a seamless full service to our clients.
Representative Real Estate Finance Work
Examples of our team’s real estate finance work include:
- Advised a Luxembourg fund in relation to a £15.75m loan facility advanced to a Jersey based borrower which was secured on a property in Mayfair.
- Advised the junior lender in relation to a £18.2m joint venture loan arrangement with Investec Bank plc which was secured on a development property located in SW1.
- Advised a borrower in relation to a development term loan facility of £55m and an investment term facility of £6.25m secured in connection with the development of 120 residential units with commercial space on the ground floor.
- Advised a Cypriot borrower company with a Guernsey subsidiary company in connection with an amendment and restatement of a loan agreement with Barclays Bank Plc to increase the loan amount by £20m and add additional UK property assets to the package of security.
- Advised two lenders in relation to their participation in a £13m loan in which Investec Bank plc was the lender of origin. The loan was secured on a development site in Soho.
- Advised a household name in relation to a £60m loan facility from Lloyds Bank plc which was secured over 70 properties.
- Advised a lender in relation to a £24.2m loan facility secured by way of legal mortgages over properties in South London.
Victoria HodgesPartner Real Estate
Victoria is a commercial property lawyer with property finance expertise who specialises in sales, purchases, refinances, secured lending and all types of landlord and tenant work. Victoria also deals with high value residential property sales and purchases for clients whose portfolios include both commercial and residential properties, and advises in relation to Stamp Duty Land Tax issues. Victoria acts for a wide variety of clients including offshore companies, unit trusts, family trusts, funds, lenders, borrowers, developers, retailers and high net worth individuals.
- Advised both sellers and buyers in relation to the sale and purchase of all sorts of commercial properties including by way of auction.
- Advised landlord clients on a wide range of management matters in relation to their commercial property portfolios.
- Advised a landlord client in relation to the management of a central London shopping centre, including acting for the landlord on lettings to a variety of household name retailers.
- Advised restaurant clients in relation to acquiring existing leases and taking new leases of prime premises in central London, as well as in relation to the sale of restaurant premises.
- Advised buyers in relation to the purchase of high value residential properties in central London for investment purposes.
- Advised on the borrower side in relation to the refinancing of their property portfolios with institutional lenders.
- Advised on the lender side in relation to short and mid-term loans secured by way of commercial, residential and development property
Partner, Teacher Stern
Solicitor, Teacher Stern
<a href=”/”><img src=”https://www.legal500.com/assets/images/recommended/UK_recommended_lawyer_2017.jpg” alt=”The Legal 500 – The Clients Guide to Law Firms” width=”148″ height=”214″ border=”0″></a>
37 – 41 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JH United Kingdom