Our team has the breadth of technical expertise, deep industry knowledge and acute commercial insight required to address the issues, challenges and opportunities arising in construction projects of all scopes and sizes.
We provide advice on the full range of construction related matters to a diverse range of clients, including developers, contractors, sub-contractors, purchasers, tenants and investors providing development or real estate finance.
We bring a commercial, pragmatic and cost-effective approach to all we do enabling us to deliver, prompt and effective solutions in what are often time-sensitive situations, at a cost that truly adds value.
What we do:
The areas covered by our construction practice include:
Representative Construction Work
Examples of our construction work include:
Non-Contentious Construction Services:
- Advised a national development company in relation to the design, construction and completion of new, modern student accommodations at a number of prestigious universities across the country with a total construction cost of £50-£60m.
- Advised on a multi-phase residential/commercial development in the centre of London, including providing initial guidance as to procurement route and structure.
- Advised a number of high net worth individuals in relation to the construction/refurbishment of multi-million pound residential properties in St Johns Wood, Knightsbridge and Kensington.
Contentious Construction Services:
- Advised a large German contractor in connection with the defence of a substantial claim relating to alleged roofing defects in the distribution warehouse of a national supermarket chain, and then played a key role in the successful settlement discussions.
- Advised the developer of 4 luxury townhouses in Hampstead (sold for £26m) on claims against contractors for defects in swimming pool membranes and other key issues, including soft and hard landscaping.
- Advised an international construction company in relation to claims arising out of a North African hospitality development it was involved in.
- Advised a high net worth individual on a successful claim for damages against a national property developer resulting from repudiatory breach of contract, defective works and liquidated damages.
Contact our team:
Robert TunningleyPartner Construction
Robert is a non-contentious construction lawyer regularly acting for employers, developers, contractors, funders and consultants.
Robert has advised clients on numerous construction contracts, drafting and negotiating bespoke amendments to industry standard forms, and advising on all associated documentation such as appointments, collateral warranties, bonds and guarantees.
Robert has acted on a number of high profile developments including the development of new office headquarters, high-end residential conversions, student accommodation, private rented sector (PRS) schemes and mixed-use redevelopment projects. Robert also has experience in advising on engineering projects both in the UK and internationally.
Robert’s experience includes:
· acting for the developer in the forward funding and sale of a 259 bed apartment block in Birmingham;
· advising a privately owned estate on a number of commercial and residential schemes throughout London and the UK;
· acting for the owner and developer in respect of a high-end residential tower in Shoreditch, London;
· providing ongoing advice to a leading high-end contractor across a number of its projects;
· advising the owner and developer in relation to a fit-out, structural works and subsequent letting of a Grade II* listed office building in the City of London*; and
· advising an international bank on its relocation and pre-let of its new office headquarters in the City of London*.
*denotes experience at a previous firm.
Teacher Stern LLP – Partner
Teacher Stern LLP – Senior Associate
Linklaters LLP – Associate / Managing Associate
Clyde & Co LLP – Associate