Teacher Stern’s Legal 500 ranked corporate team provides hands-on, commercially focused legal advice to domestic and international clients of all sizes including quoted companies, large corporates, private equity firms, management teams, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals.
Whether it’s mergers and acquisitions, private equity, capital markets, tax or other corporate advisory work, we have the technical expertise and knowledge to guide you through the transaction process and deliver the results you need.
Our corporate lawyers aren’t just experts in their field. They are accomplished, pragmatic lawyers with well-rounded commercial experience who have the ability and determination to add value to our clients’ businesses. They are deal makers that can be relied upon to resolve issues and achieve results.
It’s the combination of our expertise, proactive approach, commitment to deliver and responsiveness that consistently ensures deals are done on time and in the manner that best serves our clients.
What We Do
The areas covered by our corporate practice include:
Representative Corporate Work
Examples of our team’s corporate work include:
- Advised the shareholders of Galliard Healthcare Communications on the sale of the company to FTSE listed UDG Group plc for a purchase price of £13m.
- Advised Guggenheim & Partners (New York) in connection with the acquisition of Lazard Capital Markets International, a household financial services company based in London.
- Advised Comprop on the £51.3m recommended takeover by C.I. Traders Ltd.
- Advised the Yoo Group on its joint venture with Frasers Property Group relating to the development of a £131m mixed-use tower scheme in Vauxhall.
- Advised on the acquisition and disposal of corporate entities holding various shopping centres across the UK; including the sale of two high value malls situated at London Underground stations for a combined value of £270m.
- Advised the majority shareholders of Voxygen Limited on its disposal to the Dutch based communications group, Lebara.
- Advised the Serimnir Fund on certain corporate, real estate and tax aspects relating to the establishment and operation of a fund set up to purchase up to £50m worth of UK commercial real estate.
“demonstrated both commercial and technical excellence in a complex transaction”
Ian Hogg, Director and Shareholder, Fox Poker Limited
“Teacher Stern’s corporate team was a vital component to the successful conclusion of a complex and detailed transaction offering us proactive advice and creative solutions when needed”
Ran Avidan, Managing Director, GAIL’s Bakeries
“I want to express my gratitude to the team at Teacher Stern for their astounding work on getting this high value important deal over the line at the height of the Coronavirus pandemic.
The firm, at very short notice, and at the most intense stages of a highly complex transaction, implemented their business continuity plan seamlessly and the transaction exchanged and completed within the 7 day timetable. Their Corporate and Real Estate Departments worked tirelessly to ensure obstacles were overcome (including the last minute commercial negotiations, the legal technicalities and the practical issues of signing, executing and delivering documents) and that deadlines were met. Whenever any problems arose, the team were on hand and available and quickly offered pragmatic and workable solutions.
This was a remarkable achievement and they deserve full credit.”
On behalf of an overseas investor client.
Martine NathanPartner Corporate and Commercial
Martine acts and advises in relation to all aspects of corporate and commercial work. She heads our Technology and Communications Group and is also a certified data protection practitioner.
Martine is ranked as an expert in the Legal 500 and praised as being “acutely commercial”.
Martine specialises in non-contentious information technology / intellectual property work with an emphasis on e-commerce (especially online gaming), emerging technologies, payment and media/data platforms. Martine has provided legal advice (both as commercial counsel and on transactional work) to very many entities within the on-line gaming services sector. A number of these clients engage Teacher Stern on a ‘retained’ basis and as such we undertake their complex commercial negotiations, acting as their “in-house” counsel.
Martine also provides data protection advice, acts on the sale and purchase of private companies, structures shareholder arrangements, joint ventures, advises on software contracts, and related services, outsourcing, shared service arrangements, data services, reorganisations and all complex commercial negotiations.
Further examples of work for Teacher Stern includes:
· acting for the founders and management on the sale of the Genius Sports Group (a global leader in sports data technology) to funds advised by Apax Partners (private equity);
· advising Brambles plc (Australian listed entity) on its acquisition of Airworld Containers Limited;
· leading (for a fully listed plc) its European legal team on its acquisition of a group of pan European companies;
· advising a sports data entity on the sale of its Asian operations;
· buying and selling telecom channel and energy resale partners and structuring resell business models;
· negotiating the transfer of a media delivery platform and business asset purchase;
· acting for Recall Limited on its acquisition of C21 Data Management Services (Scotland);
· acting for a booking platform company in raising private equity monies and documenting investment terms;
· selling a chain of health clubs;
· acting on the global procurement of financial software to international banks;
· advising the selling shareholders of the Made Simple Group (business products and services for start ups and small companies) to Moneypenny Limited;
· acting for Corona Corporate Solutions Limited (print/copy and digital solutions) in connection with its acquisition programme including the acquisitions of Copylogic Limited, Bureautech Limited and CBE Solutions Limited;
· advising Eyecon Alderney Limited (online gaming slots software) on its commercial negotiations with gaming operators and acting for its shareholders on their sale to Playtech plc;
· advising technology providers and licensees on all agreements ancillary to technology; evaluation agreements, maintenance and support arrangements, acceptance test procedures, integration, escrow arrangements, service level agreements (and credits for breach) and hosting; and
· providing data protection mapping, audits and GDPR compliance reviews, including training to clients.
37-41 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JH United Kingdom