Termination & Settlement Agreements
The termination of employment of a director or senior executive can be a critical event for an employer. We have the skills and experience to guide you through this process.
We can advise on advance planning and analysis, prompt commercial and pragmatic advice and the right balance of sensitivity and strength in negotiations.
We also act for employees in relation to the negotiation and terms of settlement agreements. As well as advising on an individual basis we are often recommended by other law firms to offer advice to large groups of employees facing collective redundancy situations including on the terms of settlement agreements
Representative Termination & Settlement Agreements Work
Examples of our team’s termination & settlement agreements work include:
- Advised numerous senior employees of banks and other financial services firms on their termination arrangements including in relation to compensation payments, treatment of stock and deferred entitlements, publicity and confidentiality and post-employment restrictions.
- We are recommended by several major international banks for advising their staff on the terms of settlement agreements.
- We receive regular referrals from employers, other law firms and former clients to advise employees on proposed exit terms.
- Advised over 100 employees on the terms of their settlement agreements following the closure of a major energy business in the UK.
Sarah GlocklerPartner Employment
Sarah qualified as a solicitor in 2002 and joined the firm in August 2012. Sarah is Head of Teacher Stern’s Employment practice.
Sarah has, along with Teacher Stern’s employment practice, been listed in the Legal 500 Directory.
Sarah advises a wide range of clients from large companies to senior executives on all aspects of employment law. These include advising companies on HR issues such as managing disciplinary and grievance procedures, redundancy advice, drafting contracts of employment and director’s service agreements, restrictive covenant advice, team moves and conducting employment tribunal and high court cases.
She also advises senior executives on managed, exits settlement agreements and share schemes.
Sarah is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
- Advised a Japanese Bank in relation to claims for unfair dismissal, race discrimination, sex discrimination and pregnancy discrimination.
- Advised a chain of American diners in relation to general HR matters and Employment Tribunal claims.
- Advised a pilot in relation to a whistleblowing claim.
- Advised a number of insurance companies, recruitment companies and dental practices in relation to injunctive proceedings in the High Court for breach of restrictive covenants and use of confidential information.
- Advised an insurance broker on an injunction application in relation to a team move and potential breaches of restrictive covenants.
- Advised advertising and PR companies, hotels and restaurants on the employment aspects of M&A transactions, in particular the application of the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 (TUPE).
Partner, Teacher Stern
Solicitor, Teacher Stern
Partner, Abrahams Dresden
37-41 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JH United Kingdom