Clare joined Teacher Stern as a trainee in October 2012 and qualified as a solicitor in October 2014. She is based in the Employment and Immigration department.
Clare advises on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law. She has experience acting for both claimants and respondents in Employment Tribunal claims including claims for unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing.
Clare provides employer clients with advice on all HR issues, providing practical solutions to problems and updates following changes in the law. Clare also advises employees in relation to asserting their employment rights both during their employment and on dismissal, including providing advice on the terms of settlement agreements.
Clare advises a wide range of clients on all aspects of business immigration and nationality law. She specialises in Sponsor Licence applications and applications under Tier 2 and works closely with foreign employees and their sponsor to ensure applications proceed within the required timetable.
Clare also has experience in dealing with applications for residence in the UK under EU law and is able to provide advice to clients on their eligibility to naturalise as British citizens.
Clare is a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners` Association.
- Advised a group of senior employees on the termination of their employment with a major US broadcaster and represented them in subsequent Tribunal proceedings.
- Advised the UK subsidiary of a global listed company on defending a claim for unfair dismissal and discrimination in the Employment Tribunal.
- Advised a listed company on its information and consultation obligations in relation to its UK and European employees under the TUPE Regulations in advance of its acquisition in a muti-million pound deal.
- Advised a major restaurant chain on obtaining a Sponsor Licence to enable it to continue employing a key member of staff.
- Advised a global asset management company on the most efficient way in which to transfer a key US employee to the UK within the short timeframe available.
Solicitor, Teacher Stern