Representative Corporate Work
Examples of our team’s corporate work include:
- Advised the shareholders of Galliard Healthcare Communications on the sale of the company to FTSE listed UDG Group plc for a purchase price of £13m.
- Advised Guggenheim & Partners (New York) in connection with the acquisition of Lazard Capital Markets International, a household financial services company based in London.
- Advised Comprop on the £51.3m recommended takeover by C.I. Traders Ltd.
- Advised the Yoo Group on its joint venture with Frasers Property Group relating to the development of a £131m mixed-use tower scheme in Vauxhall.
- Advised on the acquisition and disposal of corporate entities holding various shopping centres across the UK; including the sale of two high value malls situated at London Underground stations for a combined value of £270m.
- Advised the majority shareholders of Voxygen Limited on its disposal to the Dutch based communications group, Lebara.
- Advised the Serimnir Fund on certain corporate, real estate and tax aspects relating to the establishment and operation of a fund set up to purchase up to £50m worth of UK commercial real estate.
“demonstrated both commercial and technical excellence in a complex transaction”
Ian Hogg, Director and Shareholder, Fox Poker Limited
“Teacher Stern’s corporate team was a vital component to the successful conclusion of a complex and detailed transaction offering us proactive advice and creative solutions when needed”
Ran Avidan, Managing Director, GAIL’s Bakeries
“I want to express my gratitude to the team at Teacher Stern for their astounding work on getting this high value important deal over the line at the height of the Coronavirus pandemic.
The firm, at very short notice, and at the most intense stages of a highly complex transaction, implemented their business continuity plan seamlessly and the transaction exchanged and completed within the 7 day timetable. Their Corporate and Real Estate Departments worked tirelessly to ensure obstacles were overcome (including the last minute commercial negotiations, the legal technicalities and the practical issues of signing, executing and delivering documents) and that deadlines were met. Whenever any problems arose, the team were on hand and available and quickly offered pragmatic and workable solutions.
This was a remarkable achievement and they deserve full credit.”
On behalf of an overseas investor client.
‘The entire team were incredibly knowledgeable, experienced, commercially astute and always responsive. I believe that maintaining momentum throughout the transaction was a crucial part of the overall success and the entire Teacher Stern team always ensured we were well prepared and turned everything around in an expedient manner. The entire Teacher Stern team were superb and I cannot recommend them enough.’
Legal 500 Testimonial
‘David Salisbury is extremely personable, has an acute commercial sense and instils every confidence that he will provide sound reasoned advice with his clients best interests and not there to score points with the other side.'
Legal 500 Testimonial
‘Go-to choice when it comes corporate and M&A related matters.’
Legal 500 Testimonial 2022
Legal 500 2024
‘David Ponsford is thoughtful, technically savvy and commercial.’
‘The team is big enough to cover the necessary areas, and it is small enough to run effectively and efficiently. It is important from the client’s perspective to ensure, as much as possible, the consistency in terms of quality, responsiveness, commercial awareness and reliable delivery.’
‘David Ponsford definitely stands out. He is always very responsive, ensuring clients have his attention. More importantly, his commercial awareness and practical approach is definitely an asset for the client to success in a transaction. Undoubtedly very competent in the area he has been advising.’
‘The team is clearly very knowledgeable and dedicated to their clients. Their level of technical knowledge is unrivalled by any other. They go above and beyond to deliver the results the clients want. I know I can always depend on their profound expertise and professionalism.’
‘I have worked with them for numerous years and they are always extremely efficient. They always exceed my expectations with their service. David Ponsford, David Irwin, David Phillips and Phil Berry are just a few names that I could mention.’
‘The absolute key here is that you are hiring a team. However big or small a job/transaction is, there is always a team that is supporting you directly. They bring out the best-in-class expertise even if in the background, so one doesn’t need to look elsewhere.’
‘They listen before they offer advice. David Ponsford and his team have always taken a very collaborative approach enabling us to play out various alternatives before taking a particular course of action in our transactions.’
‘Great availability, professional, and great service.’