Our Dispute Resolution team has extensive experience of complex commercial disputes of all types including contractual disputes, fraud and misrepresentation actions, regulatory and internal investigations, shareholder actions and company disputes, partnership disputes, freezing injunctions, search orders, IT and telecom disputes, trust and tracing claims. We act for both claimants and defendants, often in cases where the stakes are exceptionally high.
Many of our larger cases have cross-border and multi-jurisdictional dimensions. As a result, we have developed strong links with lawyers in jurisdictions across the world who work closely with us to deliver a full cross border service to our clients. This is particularly so in cases where overseas assets have to be retrieved.
We handle disputes in Court and all major arbitration venues. For more information on our arbitration services and experience, see our International Dispute Resolution page.
Our lawyers are experienced in a variety of alternative dispute resolution services (ADR) including mediation. These processes have proved particularly effective in disputes in specialist areas and those with a cross-border element.
Find more information about the breadth of our experience in specialist areas by following the links below.
- Banking & Finance
- Corporate Disputes
- Fraud, Financial Crime & Asset Recovery
- Hotels, Leisure & Retail
- International Dispute Resolution
- Technology, Media & Telecoms
Representative Commercial Disputes Work
Examples of our team’s commercial dispute experience include:
- Advised in relation to a market abuse dispute involving a series of credit facility agreements totalling USD $500m which were entered into with a collapsed Icelandic Bank. The facilities were complex and involved, amongst other things, parallel debt, ancillary share deals and various interrelated guarantees and indemnities.
- Advised in connection with the LIBOR disputes in the UK.
- Advised a Hollywood film director on the successful defence of a USD $3m claim for breach of contract and fraudulent misrepresentation involving the sale of a minority shareholding in a film production company.
- Advised a Canadian metals billionaire and philanthropist in a successful international arbitration at the IDRC concerning a multi-million dollar charter agreement; as well as enforcement actions in the BVI and Mexico.
- Advised the developer of a premium resort in the Middle East in the defence of a multi-million dollar claim against it in the London High Court by an international architect.
- Advised a Middle Eastern bank in connection with various large-value commercial disputes.
- Advised a technology company in a dispute with a Premiership football club about the threatened termination of its stadium advertising contract following the promotion of that club from the Championship.
- Advised a client in connection with the appeal of an arbitration decision relating to a £10m dispute.
- Advised a property client in connection with the appeal of an arbitration decision relating to a £20m property dispute.