What we do
Our client base is so varied, ranging from very experienced developers to individuals who are embarking on a one-off project, we are therefore very experienced in delivering pragmatic commercial advice allowing us to work in conjunction with our clients to anticipate issues and challenges and advise on the best way in which they can be minimised.
Construction disputes are often multi-faceted with particular complexities arising from the nature of the multi-layered agreements common to construction projects. This complexity requires highly capable construction solicitors to be brought on board as soon as possible so that an effective litigation strategy can be implemented. Our early focus on outcomes driven by your commercial requirements will not only increase your prospects of success but it will also save both time and costs.
We provide advice on the full range of construction related matters to a diverse range of clients, including developers, contractors, sub-contractors, purchasers, tenants and investors providing development or real estate finance.
You can expect a commercial, pragmatic and cost-effective approach to all we do enabling us to deliver effective solutions in what are often time-sensitive situations, at a cost that truly adds value.
Meet the team
Examples of our construction work include:
Non-Contentious Construction Services:
- Advised a national development company in relation to the design, construction and completion of new, modern student accommodations at a number of prestigious universities across the country with a total construction cost of £50-£60 million.
- Advised on a multi-phase residential/commercial development in the centre of London, including providing initial guidance as to procurement route and structure.
- Advised a number of high net worth individuals in relation to the construction/refurbishment of multi-million pound residential properties in St Johns Wood, Knightsbridge and Kensington.
Contentious Construction Services:
- Advised a large German contractor in connection with the defence of a substantial claim relating to alleged roofing defects in the distribution warehouse of a national supermarket chain, and then played a key role in the successful settlement discussions.
- Advised the developer of 4 luxury townhouses in Hampstead (sold for £26 million) on claims against contractors for defects in swimming pool membranes and other key issues, including soft and hard landscaping.
- Advised an international construction company in relation to claims arising out of a North African hospitality development it was involved in.
- Advised a high net worth individual on a successful claim for damages against a national property developer resulting from repudiatory breach of contract, defective works and liquidated damages.