Business disputes can be disruptive, stressful and expensive. Teacher Stern’s Dispute Resolution team will act swiftly to identify your key commercial objectives and the essence of the dispute, driving swiftly and decisively to a solution with the minimum of fuss.
Armed with a thorough understanding of your business, we will employ a tough yet strategic approach to secure the results your business needs, using the whole range of dispute resolution techniques including face-to-face negotiation, mediation and arbitration as well as the Courts.
Our service is “partner involved” not just “partner led”, delivering a first-class service and successful commercial outcomes at costs that compare very favourably with City and other international network firms.
You will find more information about the breadth of our experience in specialist areas by following the links below.
What We Do
The areas covered by our Dispute Resolution practice include:
- Banking & Financial
- Commercial Disputes
- Construction Disputes
- Corporate Disputes
- Debt recovery claim up to the value of £100,000
- Fraud, Financial Crime & Asset Recovery
- Intellectual Property
- International Dispute Resolution
- Loan & Security Enforcement
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate Disputes
Representative Dispute Resolution Work
Examples of our team’s dispute resolution experience include:
- Advised a Canadian metals billionaire in connection with a successful USD $50m action against London Metal Exchange brokers.
- Advised a Fortune 100 company in connection with LCIA arbitration proceedings arising out of a telecommunications satellite construction contract.
- Advised a notable Russian commodity house in respect of a £20m fraud predicated against it.
- Advised a Fortune 1000 company in connection with Linked ICC arbitrations proceedings concerning the development of a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in the Middle East.
- Advised several secured lenders and receivers in more than 700 commercial/buy-to-let/residential investment portfolio enforcement cases.
- Advised a client involved in a LME Arbitration relating to the USD $30m loss arising from manipulation of the LME tin market in 2009 by U.K. and U.S. parties. Ancillary proceedings were issued in the High Court and a related FINRA claim was issued in the U.S.
- Advised the plaintiff in a USD $45m multifaceted, cross border conspiracy and loss of opportunity case involving the distribution of oil additives to Iraq. The case went to trial in the Commercial Court and involved the electronic disclosure of more than 1 million documents.