Our private client team specialises in wealth and inheritance tax planning, wills and trusts. Those specialisms extend to include other work such as Court of Protection work and advising on lasting powers of attorney, deputyships and associated matters.
Our aim is to provide a tailored package to meet our clients’ individual needs, that can adapt over time and take account of their changing circumstances.
We regularly act for high net worth individuals and entrepreneurs in relation to their UK and international interests. In doing so, we work closely with offshore trustees, bankers, investment managers and family office professionals to ensure that our clients’ needs are met.
Whether you wish to protect your wealth for future generations, mitigate inheritance tax or provide for your loved ones upon death, our specialist team will work with you to identify your needs and implement a bespoke solution that is individually tailored to your personal requirements.
What We Do
The areas covered by our Private Client practice include:
Representative Private Client Work
Examples of our team’s private client work include:
- Advised clients on domicile and residence status and successfully shielded overseas assets from any future inheritance tax charge that may result from upcoming deemed domicile status.
- Advised Executor of a non-domiciled estate on a poorly drafted Will which resulted in over £3m of inheritance tax being payable. Liaised with Counsel regarding an application to the Court to vary the Will which would result in a refund of the inheritance tax paid.
- Advised non-domiciled clients holding property within an offshore company structure and successfully removed (de-enveloped) the property from the structure and transferred it into their personal names in the most tax efficient way possible. This included liaising with offshore third parties and preparing a long term plan for succession.
- Acting as Court appointed Administrator on a large multi-national estate involving trusts, off shore companies and creditors, following an application to remove the Executor.
- Advised Personal Representatives in relation to administering a multi-million-pound estate and Discretionary Will trust with over sixty-five beneficiaries.
- Advised first time buyers and preparing the relevant documentation to declare property ownership following unequal contributions towards the purchase price following gifts from family members.
- Advised on a Deputyship application and assisted the professional Deputy, including liaising with the donor, their family, care home providers, local authorities and Court of Protection in respect of the donor’s property and financial affairs and preparing the Annual Report and Accounts.