Acquisitions & Disposal
Our Real Estate team advises domestic and international clients on all aspects of buying and selling commercial and residential real estate. These clients include buyers, sellers, investors, developers, family offices, offshore trustees, financial institutions and property funds of all kinds.
Each year, we advise on some of the most newsworthy property acquisitions and disposals in the London market – as well as more modest investments and disposals. Our clients trust our experienced real estate lawyers to deliver results with the care, attention to detail and discretion they have become accustomed to receiving.
The Real Estate team is supported closely by our Banking & Finance team which is acknowledged by independent commentators (including the Legal 500) as one of the leading real estate finance practices in London. The team regularly advises on the financing of a broad selection of real estate assets including offices, shopping centres, retail units, hotels, leisure centres and residential properties.
For corporate real estate transactions, many of which have cross border elements, our real estate lawyers work closely with lawyers from our Corporate team. Our corporate real estate lawyers understand that the key to completing a successful deal is understanding and addressing the technicalities of a corporate transaction, whilst at the same time bearing in mind the client’s principal objective of buying or selling the underlying real estate asset.
Our team is further supported by our Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners ranked Real Estate Tax Team, which has significant experience in advising clients on real estate matters across a variety of real estate sectors. Our Tax lawyers offer real estate clients expert tax advice in respect of VAT, SDLT, capital allowances, construction industry scheme, non-resident landlord registration, contaminated land tax relief and ATED.
The combined knowledge and expertise of our Real Estate, Banking & Finance, Corporate and Tax teams enables us to provide a complete acquisitions and disposal service to our real estate clients. Together, we’re here to guide you, problem solve and make your deal happen.
Representative Acquisitions & Disposals Work
Examples of our acquisitions & disposals work include:
- Advised an offshore developer in the acquisition of a brownfield site for redevelopment as over 500 student flats with an anticipated gross developed value of in excess of £50m.
- Advised a private investor in relation to the property aspects of the acquisition of an insolvent franchisor’s business which included over 120 franchise outlets nationally.
- Advised on the £212.5m sale of Holborn Links to the Triangle Group.
- Advised on the acquisition and disposal of various shopping centres across the UK; including the sale of two high value malls situated at London Underground stations for a combined value of £270m.
- Advised on the sale of an investment property in London for a price in excess of £90m