Daniel is a commercial litigator with a broad experience of dealing with and resolving disputes. He handles a wide variety of corporate and commercial contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, civil fraud matters and tortious claims. He is adept at identifying commercial risks and tailoring practical advice to minimise disruption to a client’s business or personal life.
Daniel advises private individuals, closely held owner managed businesses and international organisations and handles disputes that often have complex legal and factual issues involving multiple parties, different jurisdictions and asset tracing factors. Daniel has managed cases in the Court of Appeal, High Court and County Court and before OHIM and the UK IPO and he also has experience in alternative dispute resolution techniques. Daniel can also help clients access the funding and insurance markets to ease the financial risk and burden on litigation proceedings.
Daniel has a particular specialism in the protection and enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights, to drive and maximise the value of those assets. He combines his familiarity with legal disputes and an understanding of the demands of corporate and commercial transactions to devise and implement a strategy for clients to create and exploit their intellectual property assets and keep them safe.
- Represented UK real estate asset managers in a contractual dispute with US investors over the terms of several multi-million pound success fees.
- Advised liquidators of a combination of on-shore and off-shore companies investigating directors for making in excess of £100 million profits at the expense of the companies through fraudulent activities, conspiracy and breaches of their fiduciary duties.
- Acted for a high net worth private equity investors to enforce the terms of a loan facility agreement and the security provisions contained within.
- Represented insolvency practitioners in a claim for conversion and trespass arising out of the failure of a film production business and subsequent sale of multi-million pound business assets.
- Advised in a matter involving the high profile mis-selling of an extended warranty scheme and cashback guarantee by a large UK energy company.
- Advised a human resources company in a claim for trade mark infringement and passing off against a direct competitor.
- Represented a former shareholder to enforce the terms of a share purchase agreement following the default of the purchasing party.
Solicitor, Spring Law
Trainee, Spring Law