George SteadAssociate Corporate and Commercial
George is an associate in the corporate and commercial team specialising in acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, investments (including EIS and SEIS), commercial agreements, and the provision of general corporate advice to companies, investors, and directors. George’s experience includes advising high net worth investors, limited companies, and investment consortiums across a broad range of sectors including hospitality, property, technology, and transport.
George also works closely with our finance team for any transactions involving the provision or release of debt finance. Prior to joining the Firm, George trained at a specialist corporate City firm.
• Advised a chain of London restaurants on a share sale to a national food company. The deal involved earn out consideration for the management team and the grant of share options;
• Advised a London media company on its corporate restructure to preserve entrepreneurs’ relief entitlement;
• Advised a U.K. franchisor on its joint venture arrangements with a NASDAQ listed funder;
• Advised a software as a service provider on its Series A investment from a U.S. fund situate in Silicon Valley;
• Advised the creator of online Educational materials on the corporate structure for Seed investment and associated licensing of intellectual property rights;
• Advised the holding company of a property portfolio on its demerger to effect the exits of certain investors.
Trainee – Gannons