Teacher Stern’s reputation in the real estate development sector is founded on decades of experience in advising residential developers and house builders. It is that experience, coupled with our in-depth market knowledge and technical expertise, which makes us one of the leading real estate practices in London.
We advise a broad array of clients including developers, investors, land owners and banks across a broad range of residential real estate matters including the development of commercial, residential and mixed-use schemes, site assembly and acquisition, planning, high-value refurbishments, development & construction projects, joint ventures, compulsory purchase, construction documentation, pre-lets, forward sales, landlord and tenant and dispute resolution.
We have particular expertise in the development of student accommodation, care homes and mixed-use schemes comprising residential and commercial units.
Our real estate development lawyers have all the necessary technical expertise, industry knowledge and commercial insight to understand the specific issues, constraints and opportunities necessary to deliver your project. They work closely with lawyers from our Banking & Finance, Corporate, Construction, Real Estate and Tax teams to ensure that our clients receive a comprehensive legal service covering all aspects of their projects. We also work closely with our clients’ professional teams to ensure a smooth project delivery.
We take the time to understand our clients’ needs and commercial objectives. We then tailor our advice to meet their needs and help ensure that their visions become a reality.
Representative Development Work
Examples of our development work include:
- Advised the Yoo Group on its joint venture with Frasers Property Group relating to the development of a £131m mixed-use tower scheme in Vauxhall.
- Advised the former and current owners of an iconic development site in Shoreditch
- Advised the Buyers of a 2015 mixed retail and residential scheme in Belsize Park, London, NW3.
David IrwinPartner Real Estate
David joined Teacher Stern as a trainee in 1990 and is the Head of our Real Estate department. He has many years’ experience in dealing with all aspects of commercial and residential property, with particular expertise in structuring complex real estate acquisitions and sales, as well as development and property finance related matters. He also regularly acts on corporate real estate matters for his clients.
- Advised a private client in relation to the purchase of a £18m hotel in Central London.
- Advised a Bank on a loan of £18m to a residential developer.
- Advised clients on the £28m sale of an apart- hotel in London W2.
- Advised clients on a series of purchases of student accommodation properties from UNITE.
- Advised on the acquisition development and sale of a part residential part commercial development in London
Partner, Teacher Stern
Solicitor, Teacher Stern
37 – 41 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JH United Kingdom