Jack RabinowiczPartner Dispute Resolution
A specialist in commercial litigation and arbitration including commodities litigation, Jack has developed significant expertise and an international reputation in large and complex cases. His client base includes both UK and foreign clients, where the issues traverse several jurisdictions. His considerable success in this area has led to a number of overseas companies and institutions, financial services organisations and banks seeking his help in commodities and other complex commercial issues.
In addition to mainstream litigation through the court system, Jack is highly experienced in alternative dispute resolution techniques (ADR) including arbitration and mediation. These techniques have proved particularly effective in disputes in specialist areas where overseas assets have to be retrieved.
He has also advised on the domestic law implications (including enforcement) of both UK and international arbitrations.
Jack also has a specialism in the field of Education.
- Advised a US client in relation to a commodities market manipulation.
- Advised a US client in respect of the market manipulation of LIBOR and EURIBOR.
- Advised an English client in relation to liability to an Icelandic Bank under a guarantee for over $400m.
- Advised an English client in relation to a multi-national arbitration relating to a disputed partnership over assets in Africa, Canada, the US, Israel and Europe relating to a claim in excess of $2bn.
- Advised a Cuban Bank in relation to the freezing of its assets in the UK pursuant to US Sanctions regime.
- Advised a middle Eastern client in relation to recoveries of monies paid by way of bribes and corruption.
- Advised a Russian client in respect of litigation in England, Russia, Cyprus, Latvia and the West Indies against his former partner.
Partner, Teacher Stern
Solicitor, Techer Stern
37-41 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JH United Kingdom