Kelly ClarkeSenior Associate Real Estate
Kelly is an associate in our Real Estate team and joined Teacher Stern in 2018. She has a broad depth of knowledge and experience acting on a variety of commercial property transactions, including Landlord and Tenant, sales and acquisitions and also provides real estate support to corporate and secured finance transactions.
Kelly’s clients include investors, retailers, restaurateurs, lenders, borrowers and high net worth individuals in relation to offices, high street shops, shopping centres, industrial, mixed-use, and development properties.
- Advised investors on the acquisition of a Michelin star restaurant located in prime London.
- Regularly provide real estate support on corporate transactions including by way of example to a leading digital solutions provider in the UK with its acquisition of a target company.
- Provided real estate support to borrower in a secure lending transaction by preparing the certificate of titles and dealing with other property aspects of a loan which was secured against a prime central London property with occupational leases in place, in the region of £25 million.
- Advise several landlords with the asset management of their property portfolios with well-known retail tenants, offices and leisure operators (including gyms) inside and outside of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 in connection with: surrenders, leases, assignments, renewals, deeds of variation, licences for alterations, rent concession letters and side letters.
- Assisted a landlord with the asset management of a building located in central London occupied by tenants specialising in dentistry and plastic surgery.
- Regularly assist several well-known tenants (predominately restaurateurs and leisure operators) who operate nationwide in shopping centres with Landlord and Tenant matters (inside and outside of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954).
- Regularly assist investors with the sale and purchase of vacant or occupied (including mixed-use) properties for investment or development purposes in the region of £1,000,000 to £15,000,000.
- Worked as part of a team assisting an investor with the acquisition of a shopping parade.