Our restructuring lawyers have extensive experience in advising on a wide variety of corporate restructurings and reorganisations, as well as on debt restructuring.
We have acted for a number of UK companies, multinational corporate groups and financial institutions in connection with the reorganisation of their group structures. Many of these reorganisations were carried out to streamline corporate structures following an acquisition or disposal. Others were carried out in response to specific commercial, legal, insolvency or tax requirements.
In undertaking any restructuring work, our very first task is always to understand the overall objective of the restructuring and the commercial drivers behind it. It’s only when we have that understanding that we can determine and advise on the correct approach for your organisation.
No matter how complex your particular situation, we’ll work out the best solution that ensures your interests remain properly protected. We’ll help you identify the key issues you’re facing and come up with different creative ways of restructuring in order to resolve those issues – whether it’s splitting assets between different companies, setting up subsidiaries, or putting in place a group structure. In doing so, we’ll draw upon the expertise of colleagues from a number of practice areas including tax, commercial, real estate, employment, banking & finance and insolvency, as appropriate, to ensure you achieve the objectives of your restructuring plan.
Representative Corporate Restructuring Work
Examples of our team’s corporate restructuring work include:
- Advised on the restructuring of 20 UK and offshore companies which formed part of a multi-million international media group. The restructuring included liquidating many of those companies, restructuring intra-group debt, issuing dividends and capitalising loans.
- Advising a preeminent UK family office on the legal aspects of a tax-driven group reorganisation which included share for share exchanges, the sale of certain property SPVs and an intra-group debt restructuring.
- Advised several property holding family trusts, with property portfolios in London and surrounding areas worth up to £12m, on the restructuring of the trust arrangements into more beneficial structure involving the use of corporate entities and limited liability partnerships.
Claire RolloPartner Corporate and Commercial
Claire ‘s area of practice covers a wide range of corporate and commercial activities, such as company and business purchases, mergers and sales (for both private clients and insolvency practitioners), start up and shareholders’ agreements, advising on initial and further fundraising, general company administration and business support.
She also has extensive experience in drafting, negotiating and advising upon a variety of commercial contracts for her business clients including terms of trading, distribution and supply agreements, employment and executive service agreements.
As further support to her business clients, Claire advises on employment related matters.
Recent projects include:-
– drafting business support agreements to providers of hosting, DR and IT consultancy services;
– negotiating acquisitions and disposals of high value Central London properties via off-shore companies;
– advising purchaser of League One Football Club;
– negotiating and drafting licence agreements for long-established fine art image library;
– acting for the sellers of well-known West End night club;
– joint venture acquisitions of property;
– advising upon and preparing employee share option schemes;
Claire qualified in 1993 after training with a West End firm of solicitors. She started at Butcher Burns in 1996 and was later made a partner and joined Teacher Stern as partner as part of its merger with Butcher Burns LLP.
Nottingham University – BA(Hons)
37-41 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JH United Kingdom