Joint Ventures & Investment Agreements
Joint ventures provide a clear structure for parties to share business risk, resources and ultimately rewards. They can involve complex issues and legal structures, and can take many forms including:
- Corporate joint ventures involving the acquisition of shares and investment shareholder agreements;
- Commercial joint ventures based on contractual arrangements or strategic alliances; and
Irrespective of the nature of the joint venture, our team has the depth and breadth of experience to help you identify, and resolve, the key issues and risks arising on any joint venture. Whether those issues relate to initial structuring, funding, profit sharing, management, introduction of new investors, formalising an exit strategy or otherwise, we’ll provide you with the commercial insight and recommendations necessary to secure a deal that’s right for you.
Our joint venture work often sees our corporate team working closely with other teams from our real estate, tax, intellectual property and employment practices. This is particularly so in the case of real estate where we frequently advise on complex joint ventures, often involving offshore jurisdictions and innovative tax-efficient structures.
Representative Joint Ventures & Investment Agreements Work
Examples of our team’s joint venture & investment agreement work include:
- Advised on a series of joint ventures for a leading UK celebrity magazine and newspaper publisher with a combined value in excess of £280m.
- Advised the Yoo Group on its investment with the Frasers Property Group on a £131m mixed-use tower scheme in Vauxhall.
- Advised a property development company on a £30m joint venture relating to the development of student accommodation in the north of England.
- Advised a consortium of private investors in connection with the acquisition of a significant interest in Babaji Pide, a Turkish food restaurant established by renowned restaurateur Alan Yau.
- Advised a UK based medical device manufacturer on a joint venture arrangement with a US based medical solution provider.
Claire RolloPartner Corporate and Commercial
Claire ‘s area of practice covers a wide range of corporate and commercial activities, such as company and business purchases, mergers and sales (for both private clients and insolvency practitioners), start up and shareholders’ agreements, advising on initial and further fundraising, general company administration and business support.
She also has extensive experience in drafting, negotiating and advising upon a variety of commercial contracts for her business clients including terms of trading, distribution and supply agreements, employment and executive service agreements.
As further support to her business clients, Claire advises on employment related matters.
Recent projects include:-
– drafting business support agreements to providers of hosting, DR and IT consultancy services;
– negotiating acquisitions and disposals of high value Central London properties via off-shore companies;
– advising purchaser of League One Football Club;
– negotiating and drafting licence agreements for long-established fine art image library;
– acting for the sellers of well-known West End night club;
– joint venture acquisitions of property;
– advising upon and preparing employee share option schemes;
Claire qualified in 1993 after training with a West End firm of solicitors. She started at Butcher Burns in 1996 and was later made a partner and joined Teacher Stern as partner as part of its merger with Butcher Burns LLP.
Nottingham University – BA(Hons)
37-41 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JH United Kingdom