Our team has the breadth of technical expertise, deep industry knowledge and acute commercial insight required to address the issues, challenges and opportunities arising in construction projects of all scopes and sizes.
We provide advice on the full range of construction related matters to a diverse range of clients, including developers, contractors, sub-contractors, purchasers, tenants and investors providing development or real estate finance.
We bring a commercial, pragmatic and cost-effective approach to all we do enabling us to deliver, prompt and effective solutions in what are often time-sensitive situations, at a cost that truly adds value.
What we do:
The areas covered by our construction practice include:
Representative Construction Work
Examples of our construction work include:
Non-Contentious Construction Services:
- Advised a national development company in relation to the design, construction and completion of new, modern student accommodations at a number of prestigious universities across the country with a total construction cost of £50-£60m.
- Advised on a multi-phase residential/commercial development in the centre of London, including providing initial guidance as to procurement route and structure.
- Advised a number of high net worth individuals in relation to the construction/refurbishment of multi-million pound residential properties in St Johns Wood, Knightsbridge and Kensington.
Contentious Construction Services:
- Advised a large German contractor in connection with the defence of a substantial claim relating to alleged roofing defects in the distribution warehouse of a national supermarket chain, and then played a key role in the successful settlement discussions.
- Advised the developer of 4 luxury townhouses in Hampstead (sold for £26m) on claims against contractors for defects in swimming pool membranes and other key issues, including soft and hard landscaping.
- Advised an international construction company in relation to claims arising out of a North African hospitality development it was involved in.
- Advised a high net worth individual on a successful claim for damages against a national property developer resulting from repudiatory breach of contract, defective works and liquidated damages.
Contact our team:
Oliver AzzuriPartner Real Estate
Involved in all sectors of property development and investment, Oliver has broad experience in dealing with high-value investment purchases and sales, often by way
of complex tax and funding structures.
He has significant expertise in complex pre-letting transactions, site assembly (both commercial and residential) developments, and establishing limited partnerships
and unit trusts.
Oliver also advises major retailers on store acquisitions and disposal programmes
and administrators on the sale of property assets on insolvency.
Significant transactions include:
- Purchase of Victoria Place Shopping Centre in London for £92.5 million which included a £257 million portfolio refinance
- £145 million acquisition of a landmark London office building, by way of a Shariah-compliant corporate and funding structure
- Acquired a London shopping centre for £119 million, by way of a sub-sale into a Jersey Unit Trust
- Advised developer in relation to construction of a shopping centre above a London Underground station, dealing with substantial pre-lets and disposal for c.£100 million by way of partnership interest disposal
- Purchase of a London landmark listed building for a residential developer to convert to 100 luxury flats
- Engineered the smooth entry into the UK of a major French retailer
- Advised a major developer on a mixed-use retail and residential scheme in Cardiff
- Advised healthcare company in taking a substantial lease of a hospital
37 – 41 Bedford Row London WC1R 4JH United Kingdom